I am a huge Wes Anderson fan. When I need inspiration, his movies are one of my go-to remedies. I love his unique and whimsical style, the worlds he creates, and the fact that every single frame of his films could stand on its own as a stunning photograph. Moonrise Kingdom is one of my favorites. While I love all the entries and would love to do any one of these sessions, it’s no wonder that this Pinterest board won my heart!
There is something so incredibly heartwarming about photos of daddies with their little ones that just melts me every single time. As a mother, I can tell you that thing people tell you about how you fall in love with your husband all over again (and yet in a completely new and deeper way than you ever thought possible) when you see him loving on and caring for your babies is so very true. Almost all of my favorite photos of my husband (with the exception of only two) are of him with our daughters.
Babies grow into toddlers and toddlers grow into kids in the blink of an eye. My oldest baby, my muse, has seemingly overnight grown into this gorgeous girl and it feels like the time we had with her as a baby and even a preschooler was a lifetime ago. There are a few things I remember, but mostly my memory is jogged by the few photos we have of her from that time. I didn’t become a photographer until she was about 4, so we have few precious photos of her. If I could go back in time, I would have taken more photos. I would have been in more photos with her. And I would have more photos of her playing with her daddy before she had to share him. Mommas, I urge you to capture this special time. It really is so fleeting.
Your session fee includes 1 digital file. If you can’t choose, upgrade your gallery for an additional $200! So email me today – before you forget because I know you have 100 other things on your to-do list that are more pressing, but the thing is that time doesn’t wait for anyone and your babies won’t always be babies – to snatch up your spot in this killer deal of a photo event taking place at the studio on June 7th.
You already know how much I love Replichrome, but now those creative geniuses over at Totally Rad have knocked it out of the park with a new set. I was very excited and honored to be asked to beta test the new Replichrome II slide film emulation presets.
Here’s the thing, as much as I want to be a film photographer, I am not (at least not at this time). Totally Rad has made it possible for anyone to achieve an accurate film look without having to shoot film (which, let’s face it, is significantly more pricey over time than it’s digital counterpart). I’ve edited (and re-edited) a few photos with my favorites from the new Replichrome II presets. Check ’em out and then go grab a copy of these bad boys for yourself!
From Totally Rad’s desciption:
“Replichrome II includes presets for Fuji™, Agfa™ and Kodak™ slide films. This set contains multiple versions of each slide film, using both Nortitsu™ and Epson™ scanners. Slide films are known for their exceptional color quality and high contrast and are particularly well-suited for landscape, fashion and reportage photography.”
Pin your absolute dream concept session with me. We all have those childhood daydreams that we wish were a reality… here is your opportunity to turn them into a reality for your children, even if it is just an experience one afternoon, the photos they have will last them a lifetime of dreaming and remembering. I do this by combining some posing and many candid shots to marry my vision as an artist to who your child is so that I can tell their unique and beautiful story. You know your child best… the things they obsess over and adore; use this as your inspiration and get to pinning!
HOW TO ENTER: If any of these steps are not followed, your entry will not qualify to win.
Read the rules carefully.
If any of these steps are not followed, your entry will not qualify to win.
- Create a new pinboard on Pinterest with the title “Pin It to Win It 2014 – Hope and Memory Photography.”
- Pin the above image.
- Leave a comment with a link to your pinboard.
- Start pinning your heart out!
WHAT TO PIN:
- your favorite photos from my website
- textures and colors that inspire you
- clothing, outfits, shoes, etc. that you adore
- locations that evoke the feel you want in your photos (or locations you actually want to use!)
- props that help to tell your story (especially fun DIY projects and crafts
- songs, books, plays, etc. that speak to you (just make sure they are all relevant to your concept)
- The winning session will take place in Seattle, WA during the month of August 2014 (the only caveat to this would be if I am already travelling to your area or you are willing to pay travel costs for me to travel to you… please email me to discuss this if you do not live in the Seattle area).
- Your session must be a concept session.
- Winner will ultimately be responsible for acquiring props, but I am more than happy to help create and shop online for props.
- Winner will be determined by the most creative and well thought out pinboard.
- Contest will run from May 12,2014 until May 26, 2014. Winner will be announced on Tuesday, May 27, 2014.
Need some inspiration? Check out last year’s winner: Midsummer Night’s Dream.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!
It’s finally here! We are all moved in and I am thrilled to invite you to view my beautiful space. Please join us for a studio open house on Saturday, May 10th, 2014 from 1-3:30 pm. There will be opportunities for renting the studio (think parties, small events, baby showers, etc. or for shooting time if you are a photographer!) as well as some rockin’ specials when you book your session that day. We will have wine (as well as non-alcoholic beverages), snacks, and cupcakes… because who doesn’t love cupcakes?! Planning to attend (of course, you are!)? Please RSVP here so we know how many goodies to plan for.
Have you ever dreamed about looking like you just stepped off the pages of a magazine? Or maybe you just want to feel like a pretty pretty princess for a day? Now you can have both.
I am introducing a new type of session called Couture Portraits. With hair and makeup included (as well as a few wardrobe options), this is the perfect “girl’s day out.” Ideal for a day out with your girlfriends, mothers and adult or teen daughters, bridal parties, etc. The possibilities are endless and the feedback we have already received from the promos I have shot is that they are FABULOUS. Spend a day being pampered with the ladies you love most and then – since you’ll already be dolled up and looking hot – head out on the town for a girl’s night out or a hot date.
To kick it off, I will be hosting an introductory (and ultra exclusive) Couture Portrait event at the studio, co-hosted by Vin: Wine and Events. Think of this as a “Couture Portrait tasting” to wet your palate for the real deal. Vin will be on hand to let you sample some amazing boutique wines. It’s really going to be a wonderful afternoon.
So, you’re in, right? Because how could you say no to pretty dresses, wine, and jaw dropping portraits of yourself?
Here’s the nitty gritty:
* hair and makeup by the ultra talented Lis Krebs (studied makeup at the LA Cinema Makeup school)
* access to studio wardrobe (that gorgeous aqua tulle dress you see up there? It’s adjustable and fits all sizes from a 4 year old to around a size 22)
* boutique wine tasting by Vin
* bottle of wine to take home with you
* 10 minute portrait sitting
* 1 digital image (prints and additional images available for purchase separately)
Ready to snatch yours up? Hurry, because there are only 5 available openings.
Reserve your seat today!