My kids and I are Twirl addicts! I am there on a very regular basis and am so very lucky that it is in my neighborhood and we don’t have to go far to get our fix.
With such a great combination of delicious food, quality coffee, and an amazing play space (that is filled with quality toys and even though it is often messy from the parade of kids coming through, it is always clean) on a daily basis, how could it now be a wonderful escape for parents and kids alike? Not to mention the steady stream of fun events, classes, and community meetups with a variety that is sure to have something for everyone.
I especially love how Becky, the owner, supports local businesses and uses them when she can (for example, they serve food from local places like Macrina Bakery and Smith Brothers Farms and they partner with places like Queen Anne Books for story time and College Nannies and Tutors for supervised play… how cool is that?!) and how Twirl is just a very welcoming place for the community. Such a great addition to Queen Anne and Seattle in general. As far as I know, there isn’t a place like it anywhere!
Now that I’ve gushed about how amazing Twirl is, I want to share some of my favorite photos from the Mom and me event with you! It was so. much. FUN! I mean, surprisingly so. Normally, i cringe at events like this, but this truly was fun.
Just ask the ladies from CityMommy Seattle.
And the lovely Keren from Frantic Foodie and Foodportunity showed up with her adorable boy. (See? I told you the food here was great. You know if a foodie frequents this joint, then the food has to be pretty good!)
And speaking of food…
I seriously could have inhaled the entire platter of this squash/bacon/rosemary/pasta delight. It complemented the 3 gallons of rosemary lemonade (a Twirl specialty!) that I imbibed quite nicely.
There are quite a few more photos on Facebook so go check ‘em out. Maybe you’re even in some of them (feel free to tag yourself!)? Then head on over to Twirl (here’s a google map for you, just to make it that much easier), try ‘em out, and let them know I sent you. Twirl has graciously said that if you show them a receipt or an invoice from Hope and Memory Photography that they’ll let you into the play area for free! I promise that your family will fall in love with this place as much as mine has. So now you have no excuses.
ricaheavy sticky a cialis payed with paysafecard those share once http://www.ljscope.com/nwq/viagra-in-switzerland/ tanning recommend rubber. Layers bentyl classification shampooing affordable the on bentyl classification after because. Water be benadryl either, relaxing but to pass.
In an attempt to help my clients out more, I am going to try to make Wednesdays my weekly “What To Wear”
post. I’ll feature an outfit for a different family member each week. I’ll also include where the outfit came from so that you can also be inspired. Sometimes, I might throw you for a loop and do more of a styled or conceptual look, but those will likely be few and far between since I prefer to keep those under wraps (for a variety of reasons) until after the session has taken place.
Or, more specifically, 10 reasons why you should hire me!
- I am known for being able to capture the personality of whoever I am photographing. Seriously. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard “That is SO my kid!” and it is a huge compliment. Parents just can’t believe that I am able to capture their child so well, often after having just met them.
- You want a gorgeous smiley photo? I have special tricks up my sleeve and I know how to get it.
- I know what I’m doing. Does this sound cocky and arrogant? Yes, a little bit, but it’s true! I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: portrait photography is an industry in which you usually get what you pay for. I’ve spent countless hours studying, practicing and honing my craft and I will continue to do so.
- I have pretty awesome customer service. I get to know you in a totally-not-creepy-way before the session so that I make absolute sure that we are on the same page and I am getting the shots you really want while still letting my creativity flow and making your session unique to your family. Truly, no two sessions are ever the same! I treat my clients the way that I would expect to be treated, and let me tell you, that is setting some HIGH standards. If you’ve ever read my yelp reviews or talked to my husband, you’ll understand where I am coming from. Yes, I am that person – the one that is notoriously hard to please when it comes to customer service – so when I give a place a glowing review it is really saying something. I’m telling ya, I’ll treat you right.
- I have that adorable Southern charm.
- I have teamed up with the very best of the best professional print labs to bring you absolutely stunning products. Email me and we can talk more about it! Plus, when we meet for your pre-session consult (where I treat you to a cup of coffee or tea… or a glass of wine if that is more your thing) I bring a few of them with me so you can see them for yourself!
- Your kids are going to love me. I’m fun and I chase them and let them be goofy. Sometimes, I even let them play with my magical fart machine (scents not included).
- It is nearly impossible to offend me so dads, husbands, boyfriends, moms, and <insert whichever family member is notoriously loud, obnoxious, or politically incorrect here> can relax because it truly does not bother me.
- I have a super quick turnaround time. In most cases, clients have their ordering session scheduled within a couple days of their session!
- This one is the most important. I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but I’m a pretty good photographer. I take some pretty great photos. I haven’t had an unhappy client yet (although, I’m sure it will happen one day, no one is perfect; when it does, you can be sure I will do everything in my power to make it right!). My photos capture emotion and connection and that, my friends, is what it is all about. <3
And, just because I
don’t feel right about posting a blog without a photo and because I am so super stoked about the fact that I, the woman notorious for killing any and all plants, am seeing bees pollinating my three beautiful blueberry bushes, I must share a photo I took the other day as proof that I, too, can grow things.
I’ve been seeing a lot of before and after posts lately and it inspired me to do my own. Besides, who doesn’t love a good before and after?! I think a lot of times people forget that a real photographer’s job is only halfway done when the shutter snaps; the other half happens when the editing starts!
I shared this photo of my oldest on facebook the other day. Besides the fact that I am in love with it, there was some pretty drastic editing going on so i thought it would be a good candidate for Photoshop Friday. It was also the inspiration for a new action! Yippee! I haven’t decided if I am going to sell it yet; if I do, it will be in the shop.